Toromont's team of Professional Engineers will work with you to determine the best solution for your uninterruptible power supply (UPS) needs.
Simplify your next uninterruptible power supplies project by partnering with the Toromont Power Systems team.
Working With Toromont
Our Professional Engineers work with you directly to develop the best solution for your application
Specs, Guides, Drawings & Sizing Tools
Everything you need to do your job quickly, efficiently and accurately
Working with Toromont you leverage our 35+ years experience working with all aspects of power systems
When Comparing UPS Systems
There are many things to consider when selecting the right UPS for your application but there are 2 things to be extra wary of.
1. UPS Manufactures who only publish efficiency at full or near full load
In redundant systems (such as IT and data centres) a UPS typically operates in the range of 20% to 40% load. Most UPS today will operate in the mid 90's for efficiency at full load. However, as load is decreased, so is efficiency.
View the G9000 Efficiency Curve
2. UPS Manufactures who claim 99% efficiency in 'Eco-Mode'
A UPS that claims 99% efficiency in eco-mode does not offer the same reliability or power quality as a double conversion UPS. Eco-mode (or line-interactive) systems leave your equipment exposed.
Double Conversion UPS vs Eco-Mode UPS
Specs & Guide Specs
**Drawings can be found on individual product pages
UPS Design Considerations
- What is the power environment (single or three phase - voltage and power configuration)?
- Is the UPS going to work with a generator?
- What run time do you need?
- What are the bypass requirements?
- What type of input and output connections are required?
- Do you have a need for enclosures or communications?
- Will there be adequate power to the UPS?
- Do you have any preventative maintenance requirements?
- Ensure the UPS can be placed in it's final position, size restrictions, floor strength, etc.
- Confirm the UPS will have adequate ventilation
- Verify the UPS solution meets all local building and safety codes
- Is there a need for orderly shutdown of electronic equipment?
- Do you want to remotely monitor the UPS and send notifcations?
- Do you require preventative maintenance?
- What budget do you have or require?
- What are the capital expenditures and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)?