Resistive Load Bank testing
confirms the ability of your generator to produce rated power and tests the following critical systems: cooling, lubrication, fuel, air, exhaust and electrical.
Reactive Load Bank testing
tests all of the above plus confirms: operation of the generator at full kVA, voltage regulator response, switch gear and protective relay settings, and verify load sharing on multiple unit paralleled systems. Also suitable for installations with high motor loads
Benefits of Load Bank Testing Include:
- Exercising and confirming the cooling system
- Reseat engine piston rings in the cylinder liners and burn off carbon deposits in the combustion
chamber, injector nozzles, piston rings, turbo charger and exhaust system
- Dissipate condensation build up on the generator copper windings
- Test engine and generator protective devices
- An integral part of a maintenance program to ensure CSA compliance
Load bank testing is recommended every 12 months for standby applications and every 36 months for load management applications (tests typically take 2 hours)
Power Care by Toromont
is a comprehensive Planned Maintenance & Inspection Program, designed to reduce operating cost, prolong component life and increase the overall reliability of your equipment.